Today’s free eBook Git Best Practices Guide will take you from basic Git commands all the way through to integrating Git in a team to set up Agile methods and Continuous Integration. Learn how to create and manage a repository on Git, best practices for working with other developers as a team, and more.
Git is a powerful versioning system. It is fast and logical, and helps developers to work with a team efficiently. The command set and learning curve of Git are pretty similar to and even better than any other SCM, and therefore it is comparatively easier to learn.
Starting with the basic Git commands, this book will take you on a journey to explore all the features of Git and provide you with a way to integrate Git in a team to set up Agile methods and Continuous Integration.
The book covers how to create and manage a repository on Git before moving on to explain the best practices to work with other developers as a team. It provides descriptions of Git’s features, such as applying patch, using submodules, migrating from SVN, hooks, and cherry pick.
This book is invaluable to anyone who wants a thorough reference guide to go back to every time they have questions about any feature of Git.
- Create a Git repository and learn how to push your code to the repository
- Discover the easiest Git commands to use and manage your repository
- Learn how to find and resolve conflicts and mistakes
- Explore Git with your team members using commands such as clone, pull, and branch
- Set up Git for Continuous Integration to improve workflow
- Understand tag commits for mapping the application version
- An introduction to repository management and other Git tools
Important: All the freebies mentioned here are free at the time of publishing this article. It may, you see some price tag instead of “Free” when visiting the store which means the product is no longer available as “Free”. Not being free and you buy or download it, you may be charged with the price of the product. Please, also be aware that some apps may have in-app-purchases options.
Click on the big button below to download your free eBook Git Best Practices Guide in PDF, ePub, Mobi and Kindle Formats available only today for 24 hours. You can also read the book online.