A few days back, I shared a free ebook Unity 5 Game Optimization. If you like working on Unity, definitely, this ebook Unity 5.x Cookbook will be good addition to your digital library along with Unity 5 Game Optimization.
Dive into the premier engine of AAA games – Unity – and start developing your own 2D and 3D games with Unity 5. Today’s free eBook has everything you need to tackle Unity programming with over 100 recipes, including tips and tricks. Work through core concepts of 2D game design and explore Unity 5’s extra features to enhance your 3D game development skills.
Unity 5 is a flexible and intuitive multiplatform game engine that is becoming the industry’s de facto standard. Learn to craft your own 2D and 3D computer games by working through core concepts such as animation, audio, shaders, GUI, lights, cameras, and scripting to create your own games with one of the most important and popular engines in the industry.
Subscribe via eMail and get all the updates instantly - Privacy Assured
Completely re-written to cover the new features of Unity 5, this book is a great resource for all Unity game developers, from those who have recently started using Unity right up to game development experts.
The first half of the book focuses on core concepts of 2D game design while the second half focuses on developing 3D game development skills. In the first half, you will discover the new GUI system, the new Audio Mixer, external files, and animating 2D characters in 2D game development. As you progress further, you will familiarize yourself with the new Standard Shaders, the Mecanim system, Cameras, and the new Lighting features to hone your skills towards building 3D games to perfection. Finally, you will learn non-player character control and explore Unity 5’s extra features to enhance your 3D game development skills.
- Immerse players with great audio, utilizing Unity 5’s audio features including the new Audio Mixer, ambient sound with Reverb Zones, dynamic soundtracks with Snapshots, and balanced audio via Ducking
- Create better materials with Unity’s new, physically-based, Standard Shader
- Measure and control time, including pausing the game, displaying clocks and countdown timers, and even implementing “bullet time” effects
- Improve ambiance through the use of lights and effects such as reflection and light probes
- Create stylish user interfaces with the new UI system, including power-bars, clock displays, and an extensible inventory system
- Save and load text and media assets from local or remote sources, publish your game via Unity Cloud, and communicate with websites and their databases to create online scoreboards
- Discover advanced techniques, including the publisher-subscriber and state patterns, performance bottleneck identification, and methods to maximize game performance and frame rates
- Control 2D and 3D character movement, and use NavMeshAgents to write NPC and enemy behaviors such as seek, flee, flock, and waypoint path following
- Built on the solid foundation of the popular Unity 4.x Cookbook, the recipes in this edition have been completely updated for Unity 5
- Features recipes for both 2D and 3D games
- Provides you with techniques for the new features of Unity 5, including the new UI system, 2D game development, new Standard Shaders, and the new Audio Mixer
Important: All the freebies mentioned here are free at the time of publishing this article. It may, you see some price tag instead of “Free” when visiting the store which means the product is no longer available as “Free”. Not being free and you buy or download it, you may be charged with the price of the product. Please, also be aware that some apps may have in-app-purchases options.
Click on the big 3D button below to get your free copy of Unity 5.x Cookbook. Remember! this is only 24 hours free, normally RRP €49.58.