Free eBook “Flask by Example” PDF Today Only
Flask is a lightweight Python web framework that’s used by popular applications like Pinterest and LinkedIn. Flask’s ecosystem of extensions keeps it functioning at the level of larger frameworks and it’s easy to get started building simple apps. Today’s free eBook is filled with pragmatic tutorials that will help you dive into Flask and build fully functional web applications.
This book will take you on a journey from learning about web development using Flask to building fully functional web applications. In the first major project, you develop a dynamic Headlines application that displays the latest news headlines along with up-to-date currency and weather information.
In project two, you build a Crime Map application that is backed by a MySQL database, allowing users to submit information on and the location of crimes in order to plot danger zones and other crime trends within an area.
Subscribe via eMail - Privacy Assured
In the final project, you combine Flask with more modern technologies, such as Twitter’s Bootstrap and the NoSQL database MongoDB, to create a Waiter Caller application that allows restaurant patrons to easily call a waiter to their table. This pragmatic tutorial will keep you engaged as you learn the crux of Flask by working on challenging real-world applications.
- Build three web applications from the ground up using the powerful Python micro framework, Flask.
- Dynamically display data to your viewers, based on their requests
- Store user and static data in SQL and NoSQL databases and use this data to power your web applications
- Harness the convenience of freely available APIs, including OpenWeatherMap, Open Exchange Rates, and bitly
- Extend your applications to build advanced functionality, such as a user account control system using Flask-Login
- Learn about web application security and defend against common attacks, such as SQL injection and XSS
Important: All the freebies mentioned here are free at the time of publishing this article. It may, you see some price tag instead of “Free” when visiting the store which means the product is no longer available as “Free”. Not being free and you buy or download it, you may be charged with the price of the product. Please, also be aware that some apps may have in-app-purchases options.
Click on the big button below to download your free copy of Flask by Example authored by Gareth Dwyer.