Sorry for the late post as I’m pretty busy in the last few days. On my 1st post, I received some pretty good suggestions from Perti & reader Dalmasian. Any other suggestions are also welcome. And if you have not read the first part of Malware Test Series, you can read here: MRG Effitas (Malware Research Group) Flash Test 2010 Overview [Part-I].
- Top Keylogger Detection Rate: Emsisoft
- Top Rootkit Detection Rate: BluePoint, Emsisoft, Prevx
- Top Trojan Detection Rate: Emsisoft
- Top Worm Detection Rate: Emsisoft, Panda, Prevx, Sunbelt
- Top Spyware Detection: Avast, AVG, BitDefender, Emsisoft, F-Secure, GData, Immunet, McAfee, Panda, Malwarebytes, DefenseWall, Zemana AntiLogger
- Top Rogue Anti-Malware Detection Rate: BluePoint, Emsisoft, Eset, Pc Tools, Prevx, Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes
- Top Overall Detection: Emsisoft
Graphs presented are pretty easy to understand but if you still have problems, refer to my previous article where I have explained about the Graph Explanation.
MRG Part II Test
4) MRG Flash Test 2010 – Worm Detection Rate ( Total Number of Worm tested: 8 )
– Dr.Web Antivirus scored 0% out of a total of 1 test.
– Coranti, ThreatFire and Mamutu did not take part.
5) MRG Flash Test 2010 – Spyware Detection Rate ( Total Number of Spyware tested: 1 )
– There are no graph 2/pie chart for Spyware Detection test.
– Avira, Eset, Kaspersky, Microsoft, Norton, PC Tools, Prevx/Webroot, Sunbelt, SUPERAntispyware scored 0% out of a total of 1 test.
– BluePoint, Coranti, Dr.Web Antivirus, Hitman Pro/Zemana Anti-Malware, ThreatFire, Mamutu, PE Guard did not take part.
6) MRG Flash Test 2010 – Rogue Anti-Malware Detection Rate ( Total Number of Rogue Anti-Malware tested: 4 )
– There are no graph 2/pie chart for Rogue Anti-Malware Detection test.
– AVG, BitDefender, Microsoft, SUPERAntispyware scored 0% out of a total of 4 tests.
– Coranti, Dr.Web Antivirus, ThreatFire, DefenseWall, Mamutu, PE Guard, Zemana AntiLogger did not take part.
7) MRG Flash Test 2010 – Overall Detection Rate ( Total Number of Overall tested: 62 )
– ThreatFire scored 0% out of a total of 2 tests.
– Coranti did not take part.
As we can see that Emsisoft top in every category, we shouldn’t take this test conducted by MRG as a “fair” test as it did not test for system performance and check for false positive (as this is very important in Anti-Malware test) since high detection Anti-Malware suffered from this. This test should be use as a reference and not a guide.
For a list of current free Anti-Virus Trial/license offer, do check out here:
– All security software are test on their default settings.
– Webroot belongs to Webroot company.
– Zemana Anti-Malware uses the same engine as Hitman Pro.
– All data/information are compiled by me manually which there might be a slight chance of typos/miscalculations.
– Only data/information are from MRG. The representing/ranking on the test are given by me(Charles) based on the scores I compiled.