Free License Avira Internet Security 2012 Valid For 6 Months
Yesterday Avira released Internet Security 2012 and Free AntiVirus 2012. Avira’s free AntiVirus has scored 99.5% in AV-Comparative.org test and marked as ADVANCED+. Avira Internet Security 2012 is using the same AntiVirus engine which is being used in its free AntiVirus 2012. This means you have same security again Viruses, Spywares and all Malwares. But Internet Security has more features like Firewall, Parental Control, Mail Protection, Web Protection, etc. Just for the clarity that old name of Avira Internet Security is Avira AntiVir Premium Security Suite. This old name always felt strange. The new name is more reasonable and easily identifiable.
The new Avira Internet Security 2012 is an improved version with some changes in main interface. In my previous article about Avira Free AntiVirus 2012, I discussed about its interface regarding Usability and Accessibility of Free AV 2012. As Avira Free AV 2012 and Internet Security 2012 share almost same interface, I would like to re-write a few sentences from my previous article with minor changes.
It looks like this new Avira Internet Security 2012 interface is inspired by Norton AntiVirus and TuneUp Utilities. You will see ON-OFF buttons instead of traditional check-boxes or radio buttons. Settings for particular feature can also be accessed by clicking gear icon beside the ON-OFF button. Though these button make the interface pretty and attracitve but are totally useless according to usability and accessibility perspective. Suppose, a color-blind person is using Avira 2012 and he/she (one) can not recognize red and green color. So, one will be depending on the text appearing at the main interface of Avira IS 2012. Avira may need to redisgn the main Interface. In settings, you will see check-boxes and radio buttons which are really easy and meaningful equally for everybody.
- Control Center for monitoring, managing and controlling the entire program
- Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
- System Scanner (on-demand scan) with profile-controlled and configurable scan for all known types of virus and malware
- Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights.
- Realtime Protection (on-access scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
- ProActiv component for the permanent monitoring of program actions (for 32-bit system only, not available under Windows 2000)
- Mail Protection (POP3 Scanner, IMAP Scanner and SMTP Scanner) for the permanent checking of emails for viruses and malware. Checking of email attachments is included
- Web Protection for monitoring data and files transferred from the Internet using the HTTP protocol (monitoring of ports 80, 8080, 3128)
- Parental control component for role-based filtering of undesirable websites and limiting Internet use
- Backup component for creating backups of your data (mirror backups)
- Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
- Rootkits protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits)
(Not available under Windows XP 64 bit)
- Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
- Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a web server on the Internet
- User-friendly licensing in License Manager
- Integrated Scheduler for planning one-off or recurring jobs such as updates or scans
- Extremely high virus and malware detection via innovative scanning technology (scan engine) including heuristic scanning method
- Detection of all conventional archive types including detection of nested archives and smart extension detection
- High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
- Avira FireWall for protecting your computer from unauthorized access from the Internet or another network and from unauthorized access to the Internet/network by unauthorized users
The promo which I am sharing is not a new promo. I have already shared it almost two months ago Here. But I will not ask you to go to my old article. Save your time and bandwidth because both are precious.
Open the following web address into your browser and fill a short form in English and submit it.
After submitting the form, Avira webpage will take you to the license page where you can download your license. You will also get this license into your eMail. Check your eMail. You should have an eMail from Avira within 5 seconds. Your license is attached to your eMail. Simply download license from your eMail and download official installer of Avira and use the license to register your Avira Internet Security 2012 after installation.
You can also download installer and license from your account on Avira.